Saturday 1 October 2011

The Famous Table Dress

Hussein Chalayan's work is so inspirational and unique, he is the only designer I know that creates moving pieces of clothing on the catwalk. I love watching his shows and to see how the different parts of clothing moves to create such an impact. The show that really stays in mind whilst talking about Hussein is the After Words A/W 2000 show, I remember watching it for the first time and thinking 'why are they taking the covers off of the chairs'? I was so excited when I watched the models actually wearing the chair covers as dresses! Then when you think that this man cant get any crazier, another model appears and steps into and pulls up the wooden table to make a table dress! This is why I love Hussein Chalayan's designs so much because you never know whats next.

After Words A/W 2000










No comments:

Post a Comment